Last year/ early this year, people were talking about trends that would make waves this year and most people mentioned the Pyjamas Trend which was pretty accurate seeing as this past month, Men and Women’s Fashion Week took place in Key cities around the world and lots of people were captured stylishly adorning their Jammies.
I was going through Pinterest trying to get some inspiration when I came across pictures of people in their PJs from the fashion week and I thought, why not try it. I did and I loved it! I wore this last weekend to a model casting I assisted some friends with and I got lots of compliments from people who understand style. I’ll be giving a few tips to consider to nail the PJs trend.
When you want to wear your sleepwear as a daywear, the key is to make sure you look stylishly luxe rather than you just woke up from a deep slumber.
• when selecting the pyjamas material, please avoid thick cotton.
• when choosing the shirt, go for something with the not so regular PJs details or you could just use the buttom alone like I did.
• Play with proportions. Don’t go with something fitted, rather go with sizes bigger than your regular size.
• For ladies, finish up the look with heels or sneakers but if you’re going with the top Alone and a pair of denim pants, you can put for sandals, mules etc and for guys sneakers will do just fine.
• Don’t forget accessories. They are important in spicing up looks. For ladies, you’d want to go with something bold, that would make a statement. For guys, sunshades, a ring or two and a tote bag is enough.
I hope the tips are super helpful. Please leave your thoughts in the comment section.
These pictures were taken by (@awalamoo).
Have a wonderful weekend. Till next time.